For Your Protection: Beware of ATM Skimming
ATM skimming is when fraudsters use hidden electronics to steal personal information stored on a card, and record the owner’s PIN number to access hard-earned cash in the member’s account. Cases of ATM skimming are on the rise with the majority of them occurring at off-premise ATMs and retail facilities. Here are some tips that can prevent this from happening to you:
- Protect your pin
- Most devices have pin pad enclosures, but some do not. Make sure to cover the keyboard as you enter your pin, do not share it with anyone and do not use an ATM with a card reader that appears to be altered.
- Stay away from unfamiliar ATMs
- Try only to use ATMs with the AgFed logo or visit one of our family service centers. These are the safest and most reliable to complete your transactions.
- Check your balances frequently
- Continuously check your account balances – accessible in branch or online—and contact us immediately if you notice any suspicious activity.