Equifax® Data Breach
As you all may be well aware of, Equifax® experienced a major data breach during the summer of 2017. It was announced on September 7, 2017 that 143 million American consumers were affected. At AgFed, your financial privacy and security are of the utmost importance. Here are some ways you can protect your information:
- Check to see if you were affected here. Also, contact Equifax directly at 1(800) 447-7559 if you have any questions. They are available 7 days a week, from 7am to 1am EST.
- Monitor your credit report here - Experian, TransUnion and Equifax each provide one free credit report once a year.
- Change usernames and passwords - use a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
- Monitor your bank accounts, credit cards and debit cards closely.
- Consider freezing your cards if need be.
Protect Your AgFed Accounts
In addition what is above, add more layers of security via AgFed's Online Banking:
- Set up alerts.
- Change your security questions and answers.
- Consider setting up fingerprint authentication on mobile devices.
If you suspect that you may be a victim of fraud, contact AgFed at (800) 368-3552.